Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
V

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Nov 11, 2020 8:02 PM

My bill and insurance deductibles are ridiculous!

Just curious how much the average person pays for prepaid phones/service for 1 line-4 lines?!? 
                         VS

People who have been stuck with a contract of some sort for 1 line - 4 lines?!? 

Responses

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

2 months ago

There are no many other variables involved, there's no way to give you an adequate answer. 

FYI, insurance deductibles only apply if you use insurance, so those are not regular expenses. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46K Messages

2 months ago

Plus with very few exceptions, no one is “stuck with a contract”. ATT quit doing service contracts years ago.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

You do realize unless you pay 2X’s the amount for the phone...you are stuck with technically a no contract but just pay full price for your devices. Say you have 3 phone lines on your plan, you upgrade for a new special (free iPhone 12) and cancel your bill(genius)...your phone won’t transfer to a new company(won’t unlock) and your free iPhone’s just cost you a $3 grand! 

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

The title has nothing to do with the question! I asked how much prepaid customers pay versus people who pay a monthly payment/a nonContract but stuck in a contract(unless they want to pay 2X’s as much per phone)?!? 

That’s the question! Please read the question and don’t focus on the title! 

Employee

• 

825 Messages

2 months ago

The requirements for the "free" phone promotions are that you remain a good standing customer for the terms of the installment plan. So of course if choose to cancel before that time that would void the promotion.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question