Get our NEW Unlimited MAX plan with 25GB hotspot data, 5G access, 100GB cloud storage, and more for $55/mo.!
Burento's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, October 31st, 2023 5:19 PM

Living Abroad

Hello,

I am only in the US for 10 days every 2 months. I currently have a ATT Prepaid ($40) account. I like prepaid because I only pay it when I am in the US. However, I need to be able to receive text messages (OTP), when I am out of the country. How can I set my account to receive texts from the US when I am abroad? Also, is it possible to receive these messages even when my account is not active? 

I used to have an account with Tmobile, where I just tapped off my account as needed. This way I could receive text messages worldwide, without having to pay more than $3/month. Is that possible with ATT? 

thank you, 

Brent

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

8 months ago

You need to switch to a different service provider. AT&T doesn't have any inexpensive options and they do not have options for prepaid without you having either access to Wi-Fi calling, or cellular plans outside of the USA. Most likely you would not be able to get one-time passwords through AT&T prepaid.

Look elsewhere.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.