Is it always this hard to switch to AT&T?
Ordered the 8GB promo prepaid plan online. Following is the cadence of what happened
1. Order placed, 12 hours later received email order denied because the fraud detection system flagged it.
2. the email asked to visit a store (any AT&T store) with an ID and that should resolve it
3. Went to the store, store asked to go to corp store or call online help
4. Called help (customer support) - after wasting 1 hour they said its all been taken care and I need to go to corp store
5. Went to corp store next day and they denied help saying this is an online only offer
6. Called support again and asked them to speak to store to clear this up
7. Store and customer support fought with each other blaming each other
8. Customer support transferred to ecom support and after wasting another 2 hours, Ecom support said - visit a store!!
9. Asked for supervisor and got hung up after waiting another half hour
10. Called support again, explained the whole situation and they tried to help order on the phone
11. They then informed me that prepaid wont work on my phone (iphone X) so they cant order !!!
12. Went back online and re-ordered hoping for some sense of sanity
13. Sim arrived and works perfectly fine on iphone X
Overall, wasted more than 6 hours on what should have been a click of a mouse !!!
Most horrible customer support ever dealt with. I have spoken to dumb customer support in the past but this was way worse!!
Anybody else had a worse experience?
4 years ago
Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
We appreciate your feedback regarding this matter. Please let us know if you have any additional comments or concerns. Thank you!
Collin, AT&T Community Specialist
4 years ago
The only additional comment is - would AT&T do something about it?
I have not even once received a single apology from AT&T. AT&T did reply to my post on this forum but had audacity to ask for additional concerns without apologizing! Wow !!
It seems AT&T doesn't really care about customer service.
4 years ago
Your problem has been solved. Why should AT&T apologize for protecting your account from fraud? Why do you care if anyone else has had a "worse experience?" How would an apology change anything? I'm a customer and what I expect from AT&T is to provide cellular service. If you want AT&T to be all warm and fuzzy with you then you'd probably be happier with another carrier.