Get our NEW Unlimited MAX plan with 25GB hotspot data, 5G access, 100GB cloud storage, and more for $55/mo.!
kathleen1119's profile

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, February 26th, 2023 11:49 PM

International Add On

Hello, we want to add the $35 International Travel Add-On to one of our member lines (we have multiple phone lines on our Prepaid Account). We understand the $35 is good for 7 days/5GB. The traveling member will be overseas for 2 weeks.

(1) Can we pre-purchase the Add On ahead of time and schedule a future start date for the service? 

(2) For the second week: do we wait until the 7-day period expires and purchase a new Add On? 

(3) Is there an option to purchase data only? the 5GB is more than adequate for what they need in the 2 week travel period.

(4) Last, do we need to assign the Add On to the member phone line or will it apply to all our lines regardless? (We only really need it for the 1 traveling line.)

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

(1) Can we pre-purchase the Add On ahead of time and schedule a future start date for the service? 

I’m pretty sure the answer is no. The add on starts as soon as it is purchased.

(2) For the second week: do we wait until the 7-day period expires and purchase a new Add On? 

Yes.

(3) Is there an option to purchase data only? the 5GB is more than adequate for what they need in the 2 week travel period.

No

(4) Last, do we need to assign the Add On to the member phone line or will it apply to all our lines regardless? (We only really need it for the 1 traveling line.)

The add on needs to be bought from the member line account, not from the multiline account unless the number traveling is the multiline account owner’s line. The multiline account only pays for the monthly plans. Add ons are purchased and managed from each line’s account.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you! This is all super helpful. 

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Additional question, my multi-line account has auto pay set up.  One of the members needs to add an International add on. I understand from above, that the member needs to log in to their member line account to complete the add on. Do I (owner of the multi-line account) need to add the add on cost (in this case $35) to the multi line account before the member makes the purchase?

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Hi rfreedman54

I believe we just sign into the traveling member's online account to purchase the International Travel Add On - if only that member is traveling (as in our case). I needed to create a separate sign in with the traveling member's phone#, as, until this point, only the Multi-line Account Member had online access. 

Hope this helps. Sandblaster please feel free to chime in to add/correct/clarify. Thanks everyone.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

1 year ago

@rfreedman54 

You may not be able to log into someone else's prepaid account because it's going to verify access through their cell phone. The user can log in from a covered country and add the additional week for $35  her/himself and buy the plan

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.