Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!

New Member


1 Message

Mon, Apr 5, 2021 9:06 PM

I chose the wrong plan and put my pin number in and I want to change plans with my prepaid card

When they gave me the choice to activate there wasn't a choice for 50 dollars so I chose 65 and i switched to 40 but it's not letting me use the same pop in number how can i get my money back on the card so i can do the 40 plan.





20.3K Messages

2 m ago

Prepaid? Unfortunately switching plans like that usually means you lose the money and prepaid doesn’t refund 

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses and do so on our own time unpaid and off the clock. As employees we are not rewarded nor compensated to participate in these forums This forum is comprised of regular customers to communicate with other customers to offer advice and share experiences same as any other user Although there is a small team of customer care specialists that monitor the forums the sheer volume of posts are simply too many posts for these agents to respond to each one of them.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

ACE - Expert


49.9K Messages

2 m ago

Presuming you mean a $50 prepaid card, $50 isn’t enough to pay for the $65 plan, so that $50 should not have been used. It should still be on your account. What does your prepaid account show? Once applied to your account, you can’t put the money back on the prepaid card.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question