Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
sarsvigil's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, November 22nd, 2018 6:25 PM

Got ATT Prepaid plan in the US and will move to Mexico

Hello all, I have a ATT Prepaid plan in the US and will move to Mexico soon. I want to know if I can still use my Prepaid plan in the US in Mexico with unlimited calls, text and specific data or I'll have to pay for a new prepaid line in Mexico with ATT and cancel the current one in the US.

What would be best from a price and process perspective?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@sarsvigil

If you pay for this month, and turn off auto pay and don’t refill, your service stops at the end of the 30 days you paid for.  This is how prepaid works.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

You will be able to continue using it for awhile but not indefinitely. Your Mexico usage can’t exceed 50% of all usage over a 3 month period, so eventually your plan will be terminated.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

thanks! Should how do I cancel my plan? I dont want to owe anything

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

To cancel prepaid, just stop paying for it. Your service will expire and your account will close automatically.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

ATT warns that “Limited availability in select markets outside the U.S. International data roaming may be reduced to 2G speeds.”.  Hotspot service is not available while roaming. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

and how long will it take to cancel? any idea?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.