Gift your grad endless possibilities. Celebrate right now and connect them to their brightest future.
i just got At&t prepaid plan sim in canada but from the time im using this sim in my phone. My phone location setting completely changed its showing united states instead of canada. I tried everything possible on internet to correct my location settings but in app store it says united states . I cant able to use any ontario sites . Plzz help
4 months ago
We'd be more than happy to help with your correcting your geolocation issue with your PREPAID plan, Rahulxo07.
Just a few quick questions:
- What is the make and model of your wireless device?
- Which PREPAID plan do you currently have?
- Can you please share the error message that you're seeing?
We're asking because we want to provide you with precise, helpful instructions for your specific device.
Our first recommendation would be to reset your network settings.
If you are having connectivity issues, you can try resetting your network settings. Swipe down from the Notification bar with two fingers, then select the Settings icon > scroll to and select System > select Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth > RESET SETTINGS > select RESET SETTINGS again to confirm.
Using the same resource link, we suggest performing a factory reset:
If a restart does not resolve your issue, you may need to perform a Factory data reset (Master reset). This will erase all data on your device and restore it to factory settings. To Factory data reset your device, swipe down from the Notification bar with two fingers then select the Settings icon > scroll to and select System > select Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset) > Erase all data > select Erase all data again to confirm.
Please make sure that you back up your data before the reset. You can also try doing an alternate master reset:
1. If unable to perform the standard ‘Factory data reset’ using the above steps, try the Alternate method by first powering the device off. With your device powered off, press and hold down the Volume up and Power/Lock buttons simultaneously until the screen lights up.
2. Press the Volume up button until the arrow is pointing to Recovery Mode, then press the Volume down button to select.
3. From the No Command screen, press and hold the Power/Lock button then press and release the Volume up button to display menu options.
4. Press the Volume down button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset, then press the Power/Lock button to select.
5. Press the Volume down button to highlight Factory data reset, then press the Power/Lock button to select.
6. Ensure Reboot system now is highlighted, then press the Power/Lock button.
Our second recommendation would be to clear your cache and cookies via your browser. Try accessing your those sites afterwards.
Our third recommendation would be to trouble-shoot your SIM card. Just simply click the gray "Start" box to begin. Also try removing and reinserting your PREPAID SIM card in the device. Dust and debris can sometimes get embedded into the SIM tray
Please let us know how this helps and we can continue offering you more support. Thanks again for reaching out to AT&T Community Forums!
Nelson, AT&T Community Specialist