Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
K

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, October 30th, 2021 11:51 PM

From Canada travelling to Arizona. I wish to buy a prepaid 1 month plan c/w 15GB for $40 USD. Can I get an esim for this before I leave?

I am travelling from Canada to Arizona in Nov 2021.   I don't want to pay for US Roaming Data from my Canadian cell phone plan.  I have an iPhone SE Gen 2 which has the feature of adding a esim.   I would like to buy a $40 USD prepaid package to use for the the 1 month that I am in Arizona.  I would like to add this to my phone as an esim.   My question is:  Can I get an esim when I buy the $40/month prepaid plan in advance of my trip which will have the 1 month $40 USD for 15GB data plan included? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

3 years ago

At&t won't ship to Canada, and the still don't have a way to provide esim virtually (don't ask). 

You can buy one on Amazon or eBay.  The plan will also allow unlimited talk and text to Canada, included. 

You can use in Canada too. 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for your input lisdance40!  I see in one of your other responses to someone else that I have to go into a store to get a physical SIM card which will have a QR code on the back of that card is what I understand. Is this right?  Seems like emailing the QR code would be so much easier for customers to get an esim rather than going into a store location.  Seems a little outdated.  It's like going to the bank to get and e-transfer.  Or going to the data center to pick up an email message.   :-)   I'm not saying that at you but maybe AT&T will read this and come up with a more modern solution.  :-)    

Happy Halloween!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

3 years ago

Yes!  Esim cards are available in At&t stores.  (and yes, totally missing the point of an esim).   out dated is one word for it.  Backwards is another.  But it's getting there with iPads.  Rumor is it might be enabled for postpaid.  

Happy Halloween to you too! 🎃

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Now I am in Arizona and have purchased an esim card at the AT&T store.  I have scanned the QR code and added it to my iPhone.   Then I went on the AT&T site to buy a prepaid plan but it is asking me for an address of where to ship a regular sim card to.  I don't need them to mail anything to me...   I feel like I am missing a step or don't understand the process.   I thought that after I installed the esim, that I would be able to go online and buy a 30 day prepaid card and add it to my new esim on my phone.  But I am not finding that easily on the ATT site...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

3 years ago

If you already have a SIM card, you've already been assigned a phone number. During that process you should have been asked to purchase a plan in order to activate the SIM card.

What you want to do now is log into your account and pay for service. (if you somehow didn't do that) 

You should log into the pay go online website with your 10-digit phone number alphanumeric password and pin code. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.