Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Dec 8, 2019 12:36 PM

Does my PREPAID sim card expire?

So I purchased a sim card from an AT&T shop in New York during my travels and used autopay for a few months till I returned and turned off my autopay. It is now 8 months later and I am struggling to log into my account to pay for another month while ill be travelling over there again... I have forgotten my phone number, although I have the original sim card and sim card holder which I think has the phone number on it? Has my account automatically expired? Will I need to buy a new sim card or should I be able to log into my pre-existing account and top up the sim card I already have?

I was paying $40/m for Autopay prepaid

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46K Messages

a year ago

Yes, your account has expired. A prepaid account is automatically closed if the account balance is $0 for more than 60 days. Once your account is closed, the SIM card is deactivated. As noted above, you need to open a new account with a new SIM card and new number.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
billsite34

Guru

• 

321 Messages

a year ago

They automatically expire after you quit paying for them. You will have to get a new sim card and number.

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

I have a $13.84 balance; no need for this card, can I donate  to armed forces?

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

I  being ignored

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

I have had this card for nearly 18 yrs. I have different phone # and diff address & want to donate the bl of $13.84 to 

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

To the Armed Forces please call me this is a useless card to me but has a balance of $13.84 which I want to donate to the Armed Forces. Please call me (Edited as per community guidelines) I cannot seem to get to talk to a human being

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question