Unlimited Data for $50/mo.
Catricorns's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Jul 27, 2019 5:39 PM

Changed payment method, lost promo data?

I’m on a $50 prepaid plan and had signed up with the promo of getting double the data per month (8gb). I also had some rollover data on my account. The other day I had to change the card I had for my payment method, since my other had been stolen. After I did this, it started acting like I made a whole new account? All of my rollover data and my promo data are gone. It shouldn’t do this just because I changed the payment method? Can I get that data back, or at least the promo reapplied to my account?

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

2 y ago

@Catricorns wrote:

I’m on a $50 prepaid plan and had signed up with the promo of getting double the data per month (8gb). I also had some rollover data on my account. The other day I had to change the card I had for my payment method, since my other had been stolen. 

Question:

1. Did you delete your old payment method and add a new one?
    or
  2. Did you add a new payment method and then delete the old one? 
    Was there an option to make the new method the default for autopayment BEFORE deleting?

Option 1 means you temporarily didn't have any auto payment. While option two is more of shifting the autopay.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

I think I just added a new payment method and selected that one as the main method. I don’t think I had even deleted the old payment method? I’m not sure on thatZ
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

2 y ago

@Catricorns wrote:
I think I just added a new payment method and selected that one as the main method. I don’t think I had even deleted the old payment method? I’m not sure on thatZ

If you can log in and check, that would be very interesting to know that the old one is still in there too so that you were never without?

Can you PLEASE check for me?

ACE - Sage

• 

92K Messages

2 y ago

In the end, call At&t as we can’t restore the promotion or rollover.  What I would suspect is your plan expired/you didn’t refill in time, but just a guess.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

I just checked and the old card as well as my new one I added are on my account
vartanarsen

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

2 y ago

I had a similar weird case just the other day.

I CHANGED my autopay method (not delete the old)

Seems like everything is still in tact.

BUT I GOT a weird text from ATT saying your Auto Pay was Cancelled??!!!!

I never cancelled.  I called 611 and they assured me everything is still in tact. I asked what is the payment method and she read the old number..I said no, its new CC number..and gave that...she said everything still in tact

I logged in and all the bonus promo data, and autay discounts are properly shown.

My concern is now when the date comes for Bonus Data adding next month - it wont come...should i be worried about that?

ACE - Sage

• 

92K Messages

2 y ago

@vartanarsen   Read post 5

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.