Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Saharh's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 28th, 2018 11:35 AM

Change of plan question

Hello I don't understand why my PREPAID/Go phone account balance says suddenly $0 . I made a payment on May 21st of $40. I am not in the US at the moment and so phone not working I left May 10th. I changed to 25 cent per minute plan today May 28th. So why is my balance $0? The $40 have not been used and you have the possibility to change plans during your one month until next due date without extra cost...so why the $40 were charged if not used at all?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Prepaid doesn’t work that way. Once your plan renewed, the $40 was used to pay for the next 30 days. Changing to the 25 cent after that was too late. Once you change your plan, the old plan terminates and you lose any remaining days. You needed to change to the 25 cent plan before your plan renewed. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Your previous plan must have renewed sometime between the 21st and the 28th.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you yes it did but it should be possible to change your plan during that period which is what I did for the May 21st to June 21st period I changed my $40 plan unlimited bla bla bla...to a 25 cent per minute plan on May 28th. So if I had used up minutes in that time between May 21st and now it would have been 25cent per minute charge...but since I used zero of my minutes since may 9th when I left the country than why is my balance zero?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.