Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
F

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 15th, 2020 7:26 AM

Canada roaming - store clerk said it would work but alas

Went into store and asked the clerk for a prepay plan to use the phone in California, Hawaii and Canada. Got the $35 prepay, Just got to Canada and nothing works. Phone is samsung s8+ and was working fine in US.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

That plan does not include Canada usage and does not allow data usage but you should be able to call or text from Canada at pay per use rates. That means you must have an account balance to pay for calls and texts. Only the 8GB plan and higher includes Canada usage.

• 

2 Messages

What a complete waste talking to a clerk then. Is there a way to up grade by paying the difference of do I need to buy the whole thing again?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

Unfortunately to change plans you would terminate the existing plan and have to pay for the new plan in full. The information online for prepaid plans does make the distinction as to what is included i e Mexico and Canada

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.