AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Apr 15, 2018 3:29 PM

Balance effect on changing plans before renewal date

What happens to my remaining 45$ balance if I change my 25 cent per minute plan to the 35$ monthly plan before my renewal date? 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

43.1K Messages

3 years ago

The $45 balance will be used to pay for the $35 plan. The expiration date on whatever is left after paying for the plan will not change.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My plan changed immediately instead of renewal date. Called 611 twice no help. Cost me 15.00. My at&t needes to add warning button.in my opinion.

cctraderx

Guru

• 

561 Messages

2 years ago

That is correct, when changing plans, it changes immediately and any remaining time before old plan expires is lost.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.5K Messages

2 years ago

When you bought your phone or SIM card this information was provided.  BTW, this is SOP for all prepaid carriers and plans 

6ACFCE5A-CC61-41FA-88E1-7F7588D8F290.jpeg

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question