Enjoy 16GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
mr-nest's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Nov 23, 2021 10:01 AM

AT&T Prepaid Plan for Tourist and eSIMs

I will be visiting the US next month for 3 weeks and was looking at getting a prepaid plan.

I currently use an iPhone 11 Pro and, as I will also need to continue using my home cell service (on roaming) and don't want to carry another phone, I was wondering if getting a prepaid plan via eSIM is also possible/available.

Also, what prepaid plans that are good value for tourists? I keep on seeing plans which are priced if paid for 3 or 12 months or are on "autopay" (which I assume means you enter a credit card). I suppose I can terminate the plan when I leave after 3 weeks.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.5K Messages

7 m ago

If you're only staying 3 weeks, you do not want to buy a service plan that is for 3 or 12 months. That 12 months plan, for example, is $300... 

Unless you think you're going to have excessive use for data, purchase the $30 (5 gigs) or the $40 plan (15 gigs), neither is eligible for an auto pay credit.    

Pay in cash.   Do not use a credit or debit card, as you certainly do not want to be on auto pay and be charged continuously after you have left the United States.  

You want a plan that will self terminate after 30 days because you won't be adding a refill. I am not kidding, pay cash , do not use a debit or credit card.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.