Get our NEW Unlimited MAX plan with 25GB hotspot data, 5G access, 100GB cloud storage, and more for $55/mo.!
PAgreyhound's profile

2 Messages

Monday, October 9th, 2023 11:55 PM

Annual Unlimited Prepaid Deprioritization?

The 12 month annual prepaid plan that is now advertised provides 16 GB of high speed data before is is slowed down to 1.5 Mbps speeds. During periods of network congestion, are the first 16 GB deprioritized?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

8 months ago

Sort of...

That plan is QCI 8.   So while the first 16 GB is priority data, you're still served after plans with QCI 6 and 7.

(Not all plans are represented)

QCI Level Explained (2022. March) | Lower QCI is better

AT&T

**QCI 6 ➤** FirstNET(UNLTD), AT&T Business Elite(UNLTD)

**QCI 7 ➤** AT&T Consumer Elite(UNLTD)

**QCI 8 ➤** AT&T Consumer Extra(50GB), AT&T Business Performance(50GB), AT&T Prepaid Unlimited Plus(22GB), AT&T Prepaid Unlimited MAX(22GB), Cricket Unlimited More(UNLTD), All MVNOs By-The-Gig Plans(VARY BY PLANS), AT&T Prepaid By-The-Gig Plans(VARY BY PLANS), Wing Alpha Old Plans(50GB)

**QCI 9 ➤** AT&T Consumer Starter, AT&T Business Starter, AT&T Prepaid Unlimited, All MVNOs Unlimited Plans, All After Deprioritized Plans, Wing Alpha New Plans(Was Business Reseller for old customers)

2 Messages

8 months ago

Thank you. The QCI code is exactly what I was looking for.  I followed the various footnotes but couldn't fine the applicable QCI code.  Where can it be found? Based on the descriptions on your chart, I would have thought the Annual Prepaid Unlimited (throttled after 16G) would have fallen under QCI 9

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

8 months ago

It's a 16 GB plan, not unlimited.  AT&T does not label the QCI of their plans

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.