Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 8:56 PM

Account balance, payments, and keeping phone # active

I made a $100 payment Sept. 2019 and switched to the 25 cent a minute plan and left the account dormant until two weeks ago (start of Feb. 2020) when I switched to a $35 monthly plan and started using the phone again.

My account shows a current balance of $65 which expires Sep 2020.

I don't need the phone again for several months.

1. If I switch back to the 25 cent a minute plan and not use the phone will that balance continue to be valid (not expire) through Sep 2020? I assume that is yes but just want to be sure.

2. If I add money to the account will that extend the valid (not expire) time from Sep 2020? i.e. if I make a $30 payment will that extend my valid (not expire) time 90 days until Dec. 2020?

Thanks for your expert knowledge!

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

2 months ago

1. If I switch back to the 25 cent a minute plan and not use the phone will that balance continue to be valid (not expire) through Sep 2020? I assume that is yes but just want to be sure. Yes. Your expiration date remains Sep 2020.

2. If I add money to the account will that extend the valid (not expire) time from Sep 2020? i.e. if I make a $30 payment will that extend my valid (not expire) time 90 days until Dec. 2020? Pretty sure a refill now will not extend the expiration to December but not sure. In fact, if you do a 90 day refill now, you might change the expiration of your entire balance to 90 days from now.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thanks for your reply. I hadn't thought about the possibility of changing the expiration of the entire balance to an earlier date by making an additional payment now. I don't want to risk that.

I wish there were an obvious way to get a definitive answer from AT&T on how that works.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…