Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Apr 3, 2019 2:00 AM

8GB Prepaid Plan questions

Hello,

We are currently on a postpaid plan. I had a few questions about the 8GB prepaid plan.

1. Does the price include taxes and fees? If not, what are the usual taxes and fees per line?

2. Is the data speed capped?

Thanks!

Responses

kevink

Scholar

• 

257 Messages

2 years ago

The price doesn't include taxes, which are around 10% in Oklahoma.  The taxes vary dramatically in different markets.

If refill PINs have been purchased and applied to the account before the autopay charge, ATT doesn't charge taxes in that case.

The data speed isn't capped during the 8GB (possibly higher if you rolled over data from the previous month).  But it can be slowed more than Postpaid in certain areas.

Drewmcg

Tutor

• 

19 Messages

a year ago

You cannot transfer an existing postpaid AT&T number to this plan. I have tried multiple times (corporate store). In fact, I just left AT&T postpaid (many years customer) and transferred to Verizon prepaid for this reason.

I may switch to this AT&T prepaid plan in six months (which I und.erstand to be the amount of time you need to have your phone number off of their network in order for the transfer back to be a "new line of service"), if they still have it. Otherwise, I'll stick with Verizon, which has slightly more data (8gb, currently doubled to 16gb for no additional charge) for the same price as I was paying for a 3gb postpaid AT&T plan.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.2K Messages

Can’t explain why a corporate store couldn’t switch your number to that plan but they should have been able to. You most likely just encountered individuals that did not know how to do it unless you were trying to get that plan at the $300 for a year rate. That is not possible since that is only for new lines but you should have been able to get that plan at the normal $50/month rate.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Drewmcg

Tutor

• 

19 Messages

Sandblaster: The offer expressly states "online only." I pretty sure it also says for for new service only. AT*T does not consider moving from its post-paid to prepaid service "new service".

Get started...

Ask a new question