Unlimited Data for $50/mo.
J

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Aug 22, 2021 1:50 PM

$5 autopay discount missing?

I recently switched to the $30/month plan for 5 gb of data. Last month my total bill was $28.00 even ($30 - $5 autopay + taxes). This month it is $33.60, so it appears that the $5 discount for autopay was not taken off. Why did this happen?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

55.5K Messages

5 m ago

It’s not missing, the $30 plan does not get an autopay discount, neither does the $40 plan. Why you got the discount the first month, I don’t know. Are you sure it was a discount and not a leftover account balance?

• 

4 Messages

5 m ago

I've had the discount for several years on the $35/month plan. Just switched to the $30/month plan a couple months back and assumed it would continue (as it seems to have done the first month I was billed...). Not a carryover balance; I get a text ever month saying the $5 discount was applied...

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

55.5K Messages

5 m ago

Probably some computer system anomaly but the $30 plan does not get an autopay discount. Consider yourself lucky.

• 

4 Messages

5 m ago

In fact, I pulled up an email from AT&T from around the time I enrolled in auto-pay in 2018. Perhaps in switching plans, I lost this deal, but I've had it since then:

Get $10 per month discount on the $85, $65 and $50 plans and $5 per month on other plans after enrolling in AutoPay. Restrictions apply. See att.com/prepaidautopay for details.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

55.5K Messages

5 m ago

ATT has changed plans since then. The $35 plan you had is no longer available. If you tried to switch back to it, you wouldn’t even see it as an option. Of the current plans now available, only the two unlimited plans have an autopay discount.

• 

4 Messages

5 m ago

Sigh. I was hoping to lower my bill. Thanks for your help! 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.