Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
K

• 

15 Messages

Saturday, December 18th, 2021 10:10 PM

Will a 4G phone keep working after February 2022?

Hi all, 

I need a little clarification about compatibility of my phone as Customer Care gave me conflicting information. 

I just switched to and activated AT&T Prepaid today with a new SIM card in my old phone, Samsung Galaxy A10e. After an hour or so into the new service, I received a text from AT&T and my phone stopped making/receiving phone calls. It says, "the phone you recently tried to use will not work on our network." I was connected to Customer Care and a rep was able to restore my service, but after providing my IMEI, he told me that I would need a 5G phone. Here's what I don't understand: 

a) AT&T website says my phone will keep working after February 2022: Devices-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf

b) My $30 Prepaid plan doesn't grant an access to the 5G network anyways. 

Can I just ignore this text and the rep? I feel this was a mistake, but then I indeed received a text and the rep reiterated its content. Any advice or information would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Ken

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

Well, Kevin, my A10e is not working properly on AT&T Prepaid. I can receive/make phone calls and texts, but I get no data or voicemail. Phone and chat reps told me that AT&T doesn't support my model A102U, which is a Boost Mobile version (unlocked). 

My phone has been working on the Boost's Sprint network, but Boost told me that it would stop working when they retire the network and switch to the T-Mobile network. At least, I would need a new SIM card. Thus, I decided to switch to AT&T Prepaid, which I regret now. 

ACE - Scholar

• 

978 Messages

2 years ago

Boost didn’t support the att network until very recently so that isn’t a surprise

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have a an ATT Alcatel SMARTFLIP phone on a prepaid plan AND 4gLTE.  If your phone does not support HD voice, it may not work on ATT's network.  However, ATT cut off or interfered with my service multiple times before they ended 3g service to my area on February 22, 2022.  Once I started using the Alcatel phone, most of the interference stopped, although the company still delays putting the calls when my balance is low.  Be careful with ATT.  They have binding arbitration agreements with their customers that apparently put them beyond the reach of legal authorities when they mislead their customers. Their hope is they can browbeat their customers into an expensive and an expensive plan.  Don't fall for it!

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.