5GB of Hotspot Data With an Unlimited Plan
Thorhorse's profile

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, November 29th, 2022 10:48 PM

Voicemail Pin, Pass Code

Do not, Do not, Do not, tell me to go to Account Overview and scroll down to devices. It does not exist. I already angry.

I have spent over 4 hours, getting absolutely nowhere. Reset my pass code. I put in the last four digits of my SSN and my zip code. A red message appeared that my phone number is wrong. Maybe 10 minutes earlier I was sent a one-time verification code to my phone and it worked. So, where does one go from something so stupid as that.

My voicemail has been a mess for about a month. Support says go here, I go there. Support says, scroll down to this. Well, "this" is not on the page. It has to be robots. No matter what forum I'm on I get the same directions that are fantasy.

Calling. Save the best for last. One of your agents who spoke about 10 English words changed my voicemail pin. This was after I had to repeat<"Excuse me, what did you say?" a thousand times. When he told me what he did, he wouldn't give me the pin. I was screaming mad at that point so he hung up. I still don't know what it is and the website says I have the wrong phone number.

You're lucky if you call that the call doesn't drop before someone answers.  That's after you have to listen to the robot go on and on and on and on. They are all named Miguel. At least four that I spoke to. I have to call four to five times before I get through or I give up. It's a horror show. CAN YOU GET SOMEONE TO WHOM ENGLISH IS THEIR FIRST LANGUAGE?

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

2 months ago

AT&T has three different services and each has a different method of resetting the voicemail password, so are you home phone, postpaid Wireless, or prepaid GoPhone?

And I will warn you, that logging into your account and selecting the device that you wish to reset the pin code on is part of the directions... 

(edited)

• 

13 Messages

2 months ago

formerlyknownas,

The important information was edited out probably because after "is part of the directions" you must have said something AT&T pulled an 1984 on. A terrifying book about fascism where the 'leader's' face is a compilation of faces. The government cannot be reached. AI is not ready to be used the way most of these companies use it. It is like the torture used to break down someone. Something is put on a tape, the machine playing it is turned up to rock & roll amp level, and then played over and over, then it stops. Then it's played at odd times. It's used as a sleep deprivation tool and the prisoner never sees a living soul, sometimes for years.

That's how I feel. My situation is on a loop and gets nowhere. The people I'm allowed to speak to, if any of my calls go through, are all named Miguel, don't speak English, don't know what they're doing, and hang up when they've reached the end of the tiny portion they do know.

AT&T must read these because they cut out anything that suits their fancy.

HEY, AT&T if you're reading this, my phone number is on my account with my name on the account. Have someone, anyone who speaks English as their first language and is fully capable to help me call me or send me an email. I am proud to say that most of the time my grammar is perfect. Make sure their grammar is.

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

2 months ago

No, I was warning you that the directions for resetting your PIN code are what has already been given to you. I don't know whether you are asking the wrong Department because there are three different services with two different directions.

Again...

Home phone service? 

Wireless? 

Prepaid? 

You aren't helping yourself very much if you don't answer basic questions, but instead go off on a rant about a book we all had to read in high school.  🤨

These are the directions for a wireless account reset... 

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1008963/

Prepaid

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1008971/

• 

13 Messages

2 months ago

The first time I posted I asked not to be given scroll down to  my device and add-ins. The response was go to my device and add ins.

I've been trying for over two weeks. Then going to the site to change my voicemail pin and filling out the last four digits to my SSN and my phone number a window tells me my phone number doesn't exist. I did that a number of times and couldn't get through.

So I ranted. The calls drop more then getting through. I can understand one out four words that 'Miguel" says. And I swear to you almost of them are Miguel. I get hung up on because Miguel changed my pin and then wouldn't tell me what it was. Or I'm told do something and he'll call me back in two, sometimes four minutes. I do what they say, it doesn't work and no one calls back

So, I ranted.

• 

13 Messages

2 months ago

Holding 1 I'm asked for my pin which I don't know. I've spoken to a lot of representatives and I'm still not able to get it fixed.

I'm an advocate and on the 1st of September. AT&T started blocking numbers from prisoners who I advocate for. I undo the block unknown numbers and later that day it's on again. I can not call them back. There isn't a number for outsiders to call prisoners.

Things started to go wrong when a new icon showed up on my home screen called Active Armor that I'd never heard of.  It blocked friends on My Favorites. It was a mess to dismantle. And it's gone downhill from there.

• 

13 Messages

2 months ago

The answers:

Home

wireless

Prepaid

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

31K Messages

2 months ago

The answers:

Home

wireless

Prepaid

You have all three services?  And you want to change your VM on all three?

• 

13 Messages

2 months ago

I'm so confused.  I have a prepaid account for my wireless phone with AT&T. Only my phone. I don't know what home means. I thought it meant a personal account, not a business account.

• 

13 Messages

2 months ago

Can you explain badges to me.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

31K Messages

2 months ago

Okay, the answer is then Prepaid.  When we say "Wireless" (without prepaid) we normally mean post-paid (you get a monthly bill).  When we say "Home" we normally mean a phone that sits at your house all the time and is either connected to a real copper phone line or your Internet service.   formerlyknownas already provided this article for how to deal with Prepaid: https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1008971/

Badges are a thing that you get awarded for doing stuff in this community.  It's intended to make you feel warm and fuzzy for participating, to make you feel "engaged."  So, when you made your first, fifth and tenth posts, you were awarded badges for each of those achievements.  You can see your badges by your name on your posts, or on your profile (if you click on your profile pick in the upper right).  There are badges awarded for things other than posting, e.g. having posts that answer questions for others, etc.  See more about badges by clicking here then clicking on the word Badges.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.