Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
A

• 

1 Message

Sun, Nov 29, 2020 4:30 PM

Using a non-prepaid device on a prepaid plan?

This question is a bit convoluted, and I apologize for both that and the possibility that the answer might be really overt. 

Anyway:

1. I need a new phone

2. I am looking to get off of my family's AT&T plan, and to get my own AT&T prepaid plan. 

3. I would like to get the Kyocera Duraforce 2, which is NOT one of the phones offered along with the PrePaid plans. 

4. Basically, I just want to know both the feasibility, and the most streamlined way of getting the Kyocera phone to work on the PrePaid plan. Is that possible? 

Thanks in advance!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46K Messages

2 months ago

Any ATT compatible phone will work on prepaid. It does not need to be a prepaid device.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

2 months ago

You could buy any phone you want to use on AT&T prepaid. Just a little tip, a AT&T makes it impossible to order and have the phone shipped to you even if you are paying full price unless you have a postpaid plan. So don’t even try to order it online, just go to a store and buy it.  Then you can have your number moved over from your parents postpaid plan.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question