Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
Phil_From_Oz's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Nov 4, 2019 7:19 AM

Unlocking a Nokia 3.1A (TA1140)

While on holidays i the USA and Canada for two months, I purchased a Nokia 3.1A (TA1140) at Best Buys to use with a pre-paid AT&T SIM as it didn't work with my Australian phone. The pre-paid account is no longer in use. I'm now attempting to unlock the phone. I've used the online Unlocking form that says it does not recognize the IMEI. I've tried the unlock app on the phone and fails to unlock, without a reason given. I'm unable to log into my account as I can't remember the password and can't reset it. I've tried calling the AT&T help line which does not have "Unlock" as a menu item and when I do get transferred to an operator, it hangs up the line. All I want to do in unlock the mobile phone I have purchased and own, so I can use it in Australia. Why is this so difficult? What can I do?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.1K Messages

2 y ago

If you purchased an AT&T prepaid phone, it has to be used on AT&T for paid service for 6 months before AT&T will unlock it.  
You should have purchased an unlocked phone, which Best Buy carriers about 12 different models.  

• 

4 Messages

number please

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.