5GB of Hotspot Data With an Unlimited Plan
Chris1986's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2019 5:51 PM

Unlock

Why att doesn't help costomer's unlocking divice that is already paid???? Is that a way to force customer to stay with them? I requested 4 months ago it keeps saying I have to be a customer for another month... 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62K Messages

4 years ago

Prepaid phones require 6 months of prepaid service to be unlocked. ATT will gladly unlock when the requirements are met.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

So in different words ya force people to stay with you guys even if the customer onw the phone? Is not fair because is prepaid no flucking contract right

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Chris1986 wrote:

So in different words ya force people to stay with you guys even if the customer onw the phone? Is not fair because is prepaid no flucking contract right

@Chris1986 

I suggest you read the packaging the the gophone is in...  It states clearly on the package you agree to use the phone for 6 months.  Most other carriers are 12 months.  These phones are sold at a lose to get people to sign up.  And the 6 months has to be with that phone in a row.

kevink

ACE - Scholar

• 

610 Messages

4 years ago

For instance, there may be a special where you get the iPhone 6s for $195 (including $45 service credits).  The phone directly from Apple is a couple hundred dollars higher.  ATT doesn't really want you to buy some phone for a few hundreds dollars less, then use it on another carrier.

ATT is more lax than Verizon in one respect.  With Verizon, if you buy the prepaid model, you can't use it on Verizon Postpaid until you fulfill the requirements.  With ATT, you can, though the use on Postpaid doesn't count toward unlocking it for use on the other US carriers or international use.

On the other hand, I was able to unlock an Verizon phone once right away just by adding the specified amount to my account.  

ACE - Sage

• 

104.1K Messages

4 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.