Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
blueberry90's profile

6 Messages

Sunday, November 26th, 2023 11:43 PM

Unlock iphone 15 pro

I bought in cash two iphones from att without any contract, but i dont have account and now i cant unlock iphone.I tried several times but it show me that reguest is denied. I am not in usa and i cant call them thru phone. Please help me.

Accepted Solution

6 Messages

3 months ago

Hello, in September In AT&T Newport Oregon bought three iPhones  in cash, with the phones you gave me postpaid numbers without telling me that I should be charged for them, nor did give me any kind of contract to sign. I'm not in America anymore, I live in Europe and when I try to unlock all the phones it won't let me because there was a debt on the postpaid numbers.I contacted your services they told me that I need to come in store to pay the postpaid numbers but that is impossible because I live in Europe.Tell me a way to unlock them or I can file a complaint with you.There has to be some way or I will pay whatever it takes just to get my phones unlocked and able to use them.

ACE - Master

• 

10K Messages

3 months ago

Do you meet the eligibility requirement of waiting 60 days if you bought a phone at full price as shown in the eligibility requirements shown here?

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/

If it’s not eligible, then AT&T won’t approve an unlock until it’s eligible.  Was the 60 day requirement the reason for the denial?  Or, since you’re posting in the prepaid section, was the denial reason not having 6 months of prepaid service?

I’m surprised that AT&T sold just phones without associated service.  They usually don’t do that.  If you were just going to buy iphones at full price in the U.S. and immediately take them overseas, the best option would have been to buy them unlocked from Apple.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

116K Messages

3 months ago

Never buy from a carrier if you aren't staying.  

You should have purchased the SIM free version direct from Apple

ACE - Scholar

• 

941 Messages

3 months ago

@blueberry90 Did you buy from an actual ATT store while in the US?  Or from someplace/someone else in your country?

As others have stated, ATT doesn't normally sell phones without service attached, and even paid in full new iPhones require 60 days usage on ATT postpaid before they can be unlocked.

6 Messages

3 months ago

@dwill05 

Yes, I had prepaid service for 6 months and I also waited 60 days for it to be unlocked, and they returned a message that I had some balance I don't know what kind when I paid myself on time. And now my brother went to the store and they told him that the person who bought it must come personally to fix the problem.

6 Messages

3 months ago

@kevink I bought from Att-Oregon , i used prepaid service for 6 months and wait 60 days, but i got unlock reguest that cant approve reguest cause i have past due balance on account. 

ACE - Scholar

• 

941 Messages

3 months ago

How long has your account been expired?  If expired, you may want to request unlock as a non-customer.

For prepaid, you shouldn't have balance due on the account.

ACE - Master

• 

10K Messages

3 months ago

For reference, it’s 6 months of prepaid on that phone (IMEI).  Since the iPhone 15 has only been out for 2 months, there is no way that it’s possible to have 6 months of prepaid service on the phone, if that’s the issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.