Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
F

• 

6 Messages

Tue, Feb 23, 2021 8:43 PM

Trying to Purchase Wireless Hotspot for AT&T Prepaid Plan

I went to a retail store and purchased the data plan for 20gb/mo $25/mo ($300 required up front for 12 months coverage). The employee checked and didn't have any hotspot devices available. They told me to just purchase one online and all I would need to do is insert the SIM card. I have now talked to 7 people and nobody can help me with this. I just want to purchase the hotspot to work with this plan.

1. Retail store
  2. Video chat on att.com - Asked if I was a business customer, I said no...turns out, they only help business customers.
  3. Prepaid support - Transferred here by #2
  4. 877-782-8870 - Transferred here by #3
  5. Prepaid support - Transferred here by #4
  6. 800-844-5175 - Given this number by #5
  7. Prepaid support - Transferred here by #6

Once again, I just want to purchase an AT&T hotspot (Netgear 4G LTE Nighthawk) to work with this plan. Can someone please help me with this? I have tried calling the store multiple times but nobody answers.

Responses

• 

6 Messages

2 m ago

I forgot to mention, I did try to order this hotspot online but I am unable to do that because when I select it I have three options (1. New wireless customer, 2. Add a line, 3. Upgrade) none of which meet my situation.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.6K Messages

2 m ago

Don't buy from AT&T.  Best buy, Amazon etc has devices 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

2 m ago

I agree but then I read this so I'm really worried that this will happen. Also, when the AT&T representative set up the plan without a device, I notice he just filled in some random information for the SIM LG G Series and a random SERIAL # when I received the confirmation e-mail so I'm worried that will also be an issue.

Here is a review on Amazon:

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.6K Messages

2 m ago

Buy what At&t sells, from best buy or Amazon.   

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

2 m ago

I took another trip the store and they couldn't help with this purchase. They sell a plan for a hotspot but not the hotspot for a plan. Yet they sell the compatible hotspot but only for post paid plans. So crazy.

I ended up ordering one from Best Buy. Hopefully I won't have any issues like what I was reading on the Amazon reviews.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.6K Messages

2 m ago

That's bull.  A hotspot is a hotspot.   They didn't want to sell it to you because you're not a money-making customer for them as a prepaid customer. If the front of the building says authorized retailer on it, I would suggest you not do business there anymore.

• 

6 Messages

2 m ago

I agree. Didn't make any sense to me but oh well. This was actually an AT&T retail store as well.

• 

6 Messages

2 m ago

Just a quick update. It looks like the hotspot that I purchased from Best Buy is going to work out. Thanks for the help.

Get started...

Ask a new question