Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
What is happening with 3G?
Unlimited Data for $50/mo.
B

• 

1 Message

Sun, May 10, 2020 3:49 PM

Trying to add minutes onto an alcatel phone

Just got a new Alcatel phone for my great-grandmother. I have the email set up and everything but I can't figure out how to add the $45 card that has already been payed for onto her phone. It does not give me an option to add this plan onto her phone, I've tried doing it online but it is trying to make me buy a new plan. I tried calling the number on the plan card but it is asking for a phone number, but the phone is new and does not have one yet. Please help!!

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.5K Messages

2 y ago

The $45 card is just $45 worth of service. You must still select a plan. You can’t select a plan until you activate the SIM card and get a number assigned. Either select a monthly plan or a pay per use plan. Once you select a plan, then you should be able to add the $45 from the card to the account to pay for the plan.

ACE - Sage

• 

90.6K Messages

2 y ago

The $45 prepaid refill card is kind of like having a gift card which allows you to purchase AT&T prepaid service.. using that $45 card I would recommend you purchase your grandmother the $15 unlimited talk and text plan which is good for 30 days. Your $45 card should pay for that plan three times (if AT&T doesn't discontinue it sooner)
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.