Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Mitch_Wylie's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, July 6th, 2023 4:01 PM

tourist esim for USA

I will be traveling to the USA, does AT&T provide short term prepaid esims for tourists?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 months ago

Yes. Plans are 30 days long, you can see them here: https://att.com/prepaid

2 Messages

2 months ago

But I don't have a phone number with 10 digits or a billing adress in the U.S. ...this is a required information during the shopping process for a esim.

Is there a way i can complete this online on your website without those informations?

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

2 months ago

A 10-digit phone number is assigned during the activation process. You can just fill in all zeros on the order form

If you were already in the United States, just go to an AT&T store and sign up for a prepaid plan. You can also go to Walmart which has a couple of plans that are not advertised on the AT&T website.

Make sure you know how to log into your account so that you can turn off auto pay before you leave the US.  If auto pay is left on, you will be continuously charged!

If you are not in the USA, you cannot have a phone shipped to you.  So there is no point ordering unless you are already in the United States and have an address to ship a SIM card.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

2 months ago

Most international airports have kiosk/vending machines that sell prepaid SIM cards with plans. There are international eSIM plans for travel to the US that you can setup prior to arrival. 

ACE - Scholar

• 

989 Messages

2 months ago

@Mitch_Wylie Be careful about the specific model phone you have.  ATT is restrictive in which phones they support, and if it isn't on this list: https://www.att.com/scmsassets/support/wireless/devices-working-on-att-network.pdf

it probably won't work and money spent on a plan would be wasted.

2 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you all for your great help! <3

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.