Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
windowsphonejoe's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 1st, 2018 12:56 PM

Switching from Micro to Nano SIM but keep old number?

I'm on a prepaid account ($25 per month) and I have a micro SIM card. My current phone is a Windows phone that I bought around 3-4 years ago. If I had my way, I wouldn't get an upgrade; however, i'm now in a situation where i'll need a phone that can access various apps that do medical calculations, etc. that are only available on actual smartphones. 

Obviously, all the modern phones use nano SIM cards. I know that you can allegedly just cut down the micro SIM to fit into a nano SIM slot but I honestly don't feel really comfortable doing that and would prefer to simply have my old number (on my micro SIM) transferred to a nano SIM card; however, I do not know if this is even possible. Honestly, I doubt it but I thought I should check here first. So, my question is: Can I switch from a micro to nano SIM card on a prepaid account and keep my old number?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Of course ATT does it all the time.  Just go to ATT and have your account transferred to a nano sim when your ready to switch phones.  They may charge you for the SIM card. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Awesome, that makes my life a lot easier. Thanks

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I am not able to go to an AT&T store. Can I switch from micro to Nano online?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.