Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Dot312's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, April 21st, 2021 1:01 PM

SIM cards Compatibility

I am a AT&T Prepaid customer and am currently using my own Samsung S4 phone (yeah it's old but I love the phone!!).  I'm thinking about getting a new phone.   I am terribly disappointed that the phone choices for Prepaid customers aren't very good.  However, I narrowed it down to two phones:   Samsung Galaxy A01 and the AT&T Radiant Max.  My questions are:  What does everyone think of these phones and are my current SIM cards in my Samsung compatible with the AT&T Radiant Max?  Finally, the customer service reps in the AT&T stores - can they help with transferring the SIM cards?   I always loved the in-store customer service at my local AT&T store and it seems the customer service part is obsolete.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

If the new phone takes the same size SIM card, then yes it is compatible. However, compatible or not you may need a new SIM card. The old SIM card you have may not support HD Voice, which the new phone does support and is required to keep working after ATT shuts down their 3G network. Whether or not store reps will move your SIM card, I don’t know, but they will activate and install a new SIM card, if needed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.