Cyber Week Deals: Buy an eligible iPhone & get a FREE AT&T Charger!
What is happening with 3G?
Unlimited Data for $50/mo.
B

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 9:28 PM

Sim Card

I have a Verizon phone that is compatible with straight talk, I bought a verizon straight talk sim card. The Straight talk customer service said with this phone I need a AT&T sim card. If I purchase a sim card through AT&T will i be able to use it with straight talk? Im trying to not have to purchase the entire BYOB Straight talk kit considering I have already purchased a pin card for S.T. and have also purchased 4 wrong sim cards. Im tired of spending any more money on sim cards through ebay. Ebay says its an AT&T straight talk sim but send me a Verizon straight talk sim card kit. Im conflicted on which would be the cheapest route to go, so will the AT&T through AT&T work with my straight talk bring your own phone?

ACE - Sage

• 

90.4K Messages

2 y ago

Which phone is this?

If it's an Android, does it boot with the Verizon red circle or the blue AT&T Death Star?

(edited)

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.3K Messages

2 y ago

I think you are misunderstanding what Straight Talk is telling you. Straight Talk is a virtual network provider meaning they use other carrier’s networks, not their own. When they tell you that you need an ATT SIM card, that means a Straight Talk SIM card that uses ATT’s network. You still get the SIM card and plan from Straight Talk, not ATT. You can not by a SIM card for Straight Talk from ATT.

mobilemax

Employee

• 

797 Messages

2 y ago

Hello,

Straight Talk is not the same as Verizon. Separate companies and devices. AT&T is also a different company. I would avoid ordering online sims and go to your local corporate AT&T store. A reprentative will be able to see what phone you do in fact have and what company it’s tied to. If it is unlocked or from AT&T, they’ll have a sim kit to setup new prepaid service at the store.

(edited)

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.