Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
C

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Dec 4, 2020 12:42 PM

Purchase A Prepaid Phone But without a Prepaid plan.

Hi, Im interested in purchasing The Radiant Max Prepaid phone. I used to be a Prepaid customer but then switched to a regular shared plan with my siblings. My current  phone is  the LG Phoenix 4 but lately Ive been having problems with it so I want to buy a new phone. I bought my recent phone at a Walgreens but they dont carry the Radiant Max so I checked Walmart and they have it for $119.00 but I see you have it on discount for $50.00 but with purchase of a Plan. Im ok with that but was wondering if I could cancel the plan once I get the phone so that I could just use my current Sim Card that I already have? Thanks. :)

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46K Messages

2 months ago

Sure, you can cancel the plan or just not ever use it but you won’t get a refund. Be aware the phone can’t be unlocked until it is used on prepaid for 6 months. Using it on postpaid doesn’t count.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

2 months ago

Just a warning, the radiant Max has poor reviews and I've seen multiple complaints.  There are better phones.  

The deal you see credits the $50 on your new account balance, so you won't save anything if you aren't going to use the new plan.  Balance can't be transfered.   

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

i don’t mean to sound like a (Edited per community guidelines) but I’ve only seen positive reviews. Could you please direct me to where you have seen these negative reviews? Thanks. :)

(edited)

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

2 months ago

Do a forum search for radiant core.  It's the smaller, slightly older phone.   

Several complaints 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for the heads up. :)

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question