Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Staciess04's profile

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, October 11th, 2022 3:43 PM

Prepaid sims card

I currently have a prepaid phone, A12, and sims card. However, I will be getting a galaxy fold. Can I put my prepaid sims card in the galaxy fold 4?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

Yes.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Awesome! Would the fold need to be unlocked or does it come unlocked?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

2 years ago

Would the fold need to be unlocked or does it come unlocked?

All that would depend on how you are acquiring the Fold.  If you are purchasing it from AT&T, it will likely come carrier-locked to AT&T, and will function fine on AT&T's network, but you would not be able to move your service to another network until you unlock it.  AT&T will unlock it subject to several conditions that you may read about at https://att.com/unlock

If you buy it directly from Samsung, and choose the AT&T option, then it will be just like you purchased it from AT&T.  If you opt for Factory Unlocked, then it will be unlocked and will work with AT&T, or any other carrier.  If you purchase it locked to another carrier (which would be silly), then you wouldn't be able to use it on AT&T.

If you buy it from somewhere else, then you should require that the seller remove any carrier-lock on the device before you accept it.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

Whether or not it is unlocked depends on where you buy it from. If you buy it from ATT, it will be locked to ATT. It only needs to be unlocked if it is locked to some other carrier.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I plan on buying it from either Samsung or ATT so I should be fine. I do have another question though. If I decide to go with the S22 Ultra instead of the fold, does the same apply? Would my prepaid sims card fit?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

2 years ago

Nearly all phones sold today (including the three models you mentioned) use Nano SIMs.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.