5GB of Hotspot Data With an Unlimited Plan
harrysteve's profile

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, June 7th, 2022 3:14 PM

Outgoing Text/Messages

I have an iPhone SE with the prepaid plan. My AT&T prepaid account history shows outgoing text/messages to 1C0DE94183566 which I did not initiate. I was charged $2 each day it occurred. What is this code and how do I stop it.

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

6 months ago

Find a new provider. 

The AT&T pay-per-use accounts have been discontinued.  You are being charged whenever your phone connects to the network. Switch your phone to Consumer cellular. There is a talk only plan for $15. 

If you want talk and text, do some research and find a plan from a different service provider that offers pay per use or a lower cost monthly service.

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Happened 2 more times within 1 Month, AT&T customer service admitted this is technical issue or some sort of scam, but still could not resolve this issue and prevent it from happening again. Filed a dispute. May look at other actions.  

• 

8 Messages

4 months ago

Thanks for the update. I did a factory reset on my iPhone but that did not resolve the problem.

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

@formerlyknownas what makes you so sure its that?

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

By the way, AT&T just adjust pay-per-minute from $0.20 to $0.35 per minute starting 10/13/2022. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62.2K Messages

4 months ago

The AT&T pay-per-use accounts have been discontinued. You are being charged whenever your phone connects to the network.

That’s not true. Pay per use plans have been discontinued, not pay per use accounts and anyone with a pay per use plan can keep it, though rates are increasing. You should also never be charged simply for connecting to the network. Pay per use plans should only charge for calls, texts or data. I doubt this phantom text is caused by connecting to the network.

Clayboy55

• 

12 Messages

4 months ago

I have a job that checked my records to see if I was texting on the Driveline and there’s a outgoing text to the same code every else is complaining about and I just got fired. I did not make any outgoing texts to 1code. I just lost a 100k a year job because of att problems. (Edited per community guidelines)

(edited)

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I’m experiencing the same for the last week or so. Really annoying to see my balance evaporate like this. 

• 

3 Messages

10 days ago

Wanted to confirm other posters complaint of a cellular text being SENT automatically to 1C0DE94183566 by the cellular customers phone on the AT&T network without the customers knowledge or authorization as this has also happened to me on several occasions, see my usage proof below. My iPhone SE is on the AT&T prepaid network and each time my phone sends a text without my knowledge to 1C0DE94183566 the daily charge is applied. A call to AT&T prepaid customer service results in a refund of the daily charge as AT&T is well aware of this issue. What information is being sent by my phone and to where, is my personal information being hacked? Why can't AT&T block this number 1C0DE94183566 from being processed in the central office MTX switch within the nationwide network? I can't block outgoing numbers from being sent on my phone, I can only block incoming numbers from being received. Wake up AT&T and stop this from occurring as this affects many customers and has been an issue for years. Review other AT&T community forum posters complaints at the following link:

https://forums.att.com/conversations/phones-tablets-devices/outgoing-textmessages/629f6b528e728051811ee489 

Outgoing Text/Message

01/28/23 at 07:41:04 AM CST

$0.00

Type

Outgoing Text/Message

Nature of Call

Local

Number Called

1C0DE94183566

Calling Number

1239XXXXXXX

Call Date

01/28/23

Call Time

07:41:04 AM

Timezone

US/Central

Call Duration

NA

Total Amount

$0.00

Service Used

-

Unit(s) Charged

NA

Call Location

-,-,United States of America

Service Type

Text over IP

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.