Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
P

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 31st, 2020 6:23 AM

Old sim, new phone, no service

Hi,

I ordered a new iPhone SE from Walmart.com on AT&T prepaid. As my old phone was an iPhone SE and the sim was compatible with my new phone, on receiving the phone, I swapped my old sim into the new phone but discovered I had no service. I phoned AT&T and was told my new phone wasn't scanned as sold and to send an email to attprepaidsupport@att.com, subject: purchase Walmart.com Receipt for LDN(my phone's IMEI), with a proof of purchase receipt. I did this yesterday and haven't heard anything and I still have no service.

Based on the instructions which came with the phone I was expecting to just plug my old sim into my new phone and be able to use my new phone with my same number immediately. I am a long term AT&T prepaid customer and this is hugely frustrating. Please advise!

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

3 years ago

Email over the holidays plus other issues (Covid, short staffing, fallout from Nashville bombing, etc.) means I wouldn't expect a fast resolution. Alternatively call and speak to prepaid customer support if there is anything further they can do.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Did this ever get resolved?  If so, how? And did you have any trouble with it, going forward?   I'm having the same issue.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

2 years ago

This is not AT&T's fault if you purchase a phone from Walmart, Target, Best Buy Etc this is the fault of the retailer.

Sunday on a holiday weekend there's a good chance you will not be able to get someone who can resolve this but it's worth a try. Call AT&T and explain the problem. Have your receipt and your IMEI available. AT&T should be able to transfer your call and get this resolved for you..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.