Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
P

• 

1 Message

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 6:23 AM

Old sim, new phone, no service

Hi,

I ordered a new iPhone SE from Walmart.com on AT&T prepaid. As my old phone was an iPhone SE and the sim was compatible with my new phone, on receiving the phone, I swapped my old sim into the new phone but discovered I had no service. I phoned AT&T and was told my new phone wasn't scanned as sold and to send an email to attprepaidsupport@att.com, subject: purchase Walmart.com Receipt for LDN(my phone's IMEI), with a proof of purchase receipt. I did this yesterday and haven't heard anything and I still have no service.

Based on the instructions which came with the phone I was expecting to just plug my old sim into my new phone and be able to use my new phone with my same number immediately. I am a long term AT&T prepaid customer and this is hugely frustrating. Please advise!

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25.6K Messages

2 months ago

Email over the holidays plus other issues (Covid, short staffing, fallout from Nashville bombing, etc.) means I wouldn't expect a fast resolution. Alternatively call and speak to prepaid customer support if there is anything further they can do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question