Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
C

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 1st, 2021 2:38 PM

New International activation

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite, it is a dual sim version and is an international phone, I was told when I bought the phone that it would work in the United States, when I went to the AT&T store to have it activated on a prepaid, they told me my device is not compatible and would not work in the U.S, So i take it to Walmart, and the salesman tries the same device with Straight talk, I end up taking my chances, buying a straight talk plan with sim, and put it in and everything went fine, activated and is working normally, But I really want AT&T because i think coverage would be better, Is there a way I can have an AT&T sim activated and try it without wasting the money on a plan and it not working? How can I get this straightened out? I know if it's dual sim and international, it should be able to accept a sim and work in other countries, Not sure what to do here and I need help, Thanks for any insight anyone can offer, Have a great day 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

Nope.

International versions cannot be activated on AT&T. In fact you may wind up with a suspended SIM card if you try to activate a phone that is not on AT&T white list.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/Service-Capabilities-Unlocked-Devices-ATT-Network.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiX-Jv8oYLtAhXQo1kKHYhHDGcQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3sCP2kJRUevj0ARWKoc1nJ

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for the response, After this experience, I will never buy an international phone again, It's working fine with Straight Talk, So I guess I will just have to stick with them, Thanks again 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Straight Talk is a virtual carrier. They don't operate their own network, they use other US carriers meaning you get whatever coverage of the carrier you are using. Straight Talk may still activate that phone but if your Straight Talk was activated on ATT, I'm pretty sure you face the same 2022 deadline for when that phone will no longer work. You might want to verify what carrier your Straight Talk service was established with.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.