Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
therealIVARR's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tue, Dec 29, 2020 9:41 AM

iphones

is there any reason i could not use an iphone SE 2nd gen with my prepaid account ???

i can get a really good price on a new " open box "  one that is not unlocked, but set

for at&t and cricket, ( whatever that is ) .

thanks for any answers

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

82.2K Messages

2 months ago

You can use any AT&T compatible phone on any of AT&T’s plans.

A phone that says it is locked to cricket will not work on AT&T and won’t be unlocked until it’s been used on cricket. If it says AT&T and cricket, then it is locked to AT&T and will work on AT&T or any of its MVNO’s.   It will require six months of usage on AT&T prepaid before AT&T will unlock the phone.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

thank you

Get started...

Ask a new question