Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
MrAk's profile

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, May 4th, 2023 6:58 AM

iPhone x sim locked

I bought an iPhone x in us and used it for a while with same carrier,but now after taking it to India when I tried to use the Indian sim it's not working and it show the sim is locked 🔒 Kindly help me get my phone unlocked (sim locked)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

10 months ago

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/

Make sure you unlock as a non-customer since you are no longer using AT&T.

If you purchase the phone at a discount for use on AT&T prepaid, you had to use it for 6 months to qualify for unlocking

• 

7 Messages

10 months ago

Hi. My iPhone x ( 4 years old) used across many countries SIM till now. Wanted to hand it over to someone so reset it .  Now it is showing " SIM LOCKED ". Online IMEI CHECK says it is a clean IMEI and not lost or stolen. But AT &T unlock tools says it is lost or stolen. What is the way out 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

10 months ago

@Crana 

Where did you purchase the phone?

• 

4 Messages

10 months ago

The device has been listed as lost or stolen

• 

7 Messages

10 months ago

I bought it from a shop in ghana Africa while I was working there. The device is an original from USA.this was confirmed by apple service center when I approached them to help. 

• 

4 Messages

10 months ago

I bought it from US

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

10 months ago

@Crana 

Since AT&T does not legitimately sell phones anywhere but in the USA, it is likely that the blacklist is correct. I don't know why it took so long to catch up with that phone but it finally has. Extremely likely the phone was indeed lost or stolen from AT&T or from one of its customers. Shipped overseas, and hacked so that it could be used with a different service provider.

The short answer is there's no solution, the phone will not be removed from the blacklist and you cannot use it. Replace the phone

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

10 months ago

@MrAk 

Bought in the USA is not an answer. What store ?  Unless it was purchased directly from AT&T, or from an AT&T authorized retail store, you likely did purchase a phone that has since been reported as lost or stolen. Can't tell you the number of times we see someone purchased off of Facebook, craigslist, pawn shop, GameStop. These are not legitimate places to buy a phone. The expectation the phone might be reported as lost or stolen is pretty high.

• 

7 Messages

10 months ago

Since it was not reset all these days, it wasn't detected. Seems it is a normal practice of USA phones being shipped to African countries ( illegally or otherwise). Not sure. But looked as a normal practice to buy such products then. Had no reason to doubt it. Unfortunate that I will have to discard the phone used so nicely and helpful all these years.will pain to just throw it away. 

• 

7 Messages

10 months ago

Another question - if it is to be used only within USA  or say - only with AT &T sim, how did it allow me to use sim of 5 different countries ( of different service providers- all non-AT &T ) ??  Is it normal with AT &T locked sim iphones ? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.