Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
BMur56's profile

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 5th, 2023 12:17 PM

Disconnected from my phone service suddenly and my phone is listed on the accepted phones

So, I've been an AT&T customer for a LONG TIME and I was needing a new phone. I got a Samsung A03 and the model is SM-A037U, which I thought was on the approved phone list. It allowed me to be on my phone for 3 hours then it disconnected. 

Ok...

So then I used the SIM card that came with the phone, ACTIVATED it and bought a WHOLE NEW PLAN, got my number changed, and the same thing happened...

I need help and I also would like my money back, if this turns out to be a simple fix. This is very inconvenient, and I would like a resolution. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116K Messages

3 months ago

The model number you list is compatible with AT&T. I don't know where you purchased it, most like the problem is a point of purchase error. Try calling 611 from the phone and talk to AT&T. They will want your receipt information from your purchase.

Point of purchase error means that the retailer didn't scan the phone out is legitimately sold so they think it's been "lifted" 

ACE - Sage

• 

116K Messages

3 months ago

2 Messages

3 months ago

@formerlyknownas

That is literally so crazy that I have to go and do that... but I guess employees make mistakes too. I'll have to go to Walmart then, since I ordered the phone online. 

And with that, I hope another can of worms isn't opened with this encounter with them. Not a good experience with them before, but they're the easiest to get phones with LOL

Thanks for the advice again! 

ACE - Sage

• 

116K Messages

3 months ago

@BMur56 

Walmart cannot help you. Even with the receipt. Not unless you return the phone, and they may charge you a restox fee. You need to call AT&T. Provide AT&T with your invoice number and information so that they can let you activate the phone

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.