Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
A

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Oct 27, 2020 3:21 AM

clean IMEI but "this device has been blocked from network use"

When I search up the IMEI on any website, it shows up as clean. However, when I try to make a call, it says "this device has been blocked from network use"

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.4K Messages

a month ago

Are you the original owner of the device? Was it reported as lost or damaged and replaced by insurance at some point in the past? What's the purchase second-hand or through a retailer that is not AT&T?   Has your sim card recently been in a phone that was blacklisted?

Any of this sound likely?   

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately, I am not the original owner. I have been in contact with the original owner and says it was not reported lost or stolen. My SIM card has not been blacklisted, there are no dues. 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.4K Messages

a month ago

Unfortunately, the original owner might not be entirely correct or truthful.   Happens a lot.  And because you are not the original purchaser you cannot prove it is your device to request AT&T reverse The Blacklist.  

AT&T cannot and will not help you if the phone has been put on The Blacklist by a third party.   If the original owner can provide a proof of purchase they might be able to get it removed

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

I don't understand why the IMEI would come up as clean on any website if it was reported lost or stolen. If I am able to obtain proof of purchase, who would I need to contact?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.4K Messages

a month ago

"I don't understand why the IMEI would come up as clean on any website if it was reported lost or stolen". 

The report may have started with AT&T and has not yet spread to other carriers.

." If I am able to obtain proof of purchase, who would I need to contact?" 

The seller who owned the phone, bought the phone originally.  If that person can provide a proof of purchase, and prove the phone has no reason to be blacklisted, then it can be removed. As I said before you can't do anything.  They can contact AT&T, or file an FCC complaint. 

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question