Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
A

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 8:59 PM

At&t doesn't recognize IMEI number

I need to unlock device but it says it don't recognize IMEI number and customer service on phone didn't know either

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

2 months ago

Where did you get the phone? Is it jailbroke or modified in anyway?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

its locked, it was at&t prepaid bought from family dollar in colorado. i didnt modify it. i called cust. service and they dont recognize imei number either its weird. imei is : (edited as per community guidelines). phone is at&t 

(edited)

Varalakshmi

• 

565 Messages

2 months ago

Hello @Ashleo13,

Please be mindful about sharing your personal details like, Phone number, email id, IMEI number, account number, last name, Credit/Debit card number, order number, Driver licence details, address. This is a public forum and your privacy is very important to us. As per AT&T Community Forum's guidelines http://sm.att.com/b9b8aa02 your personal details will be scrubbed. Have a great day!

Regards,
AT&T Moderator

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

i just need to unlock my phone... how can i do this?? i never had problem unlocking verizon phone, whats up with at&t 

kevink

Scholar

• 

300 Messages

2 months ago

How old of phone was it?  Was it ever used on ATT Prepaid?

If the phone is several years old and hasn't been used in years, it is possible it isn't in the records anymore.

If it was never used on ATT Prepaid, it may not have made it into the ATT unlock system.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

82.2K Messages

2 months ago

AT&T prepaid phones are locked out of the box. You have to use them on AT&T prepaid for 6 months of paid consecutive months of service before AT&T will unlock the phone. If you have not activated it and used it on AT&T prepaid for 6 months AT&T will not unlock it

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question