We are aware of an outage currently impacting our Mobility users and are working to resolve it ASAP. For the latest info please visit our Service Outage Information page.
We apologize for this incovenience.
Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
gwhiz59's profile

3 Messages

Thursday, November 30th, 2023 12:18 AM

$55 portable hotspot device payment never refreshes until 6-8 hours after auto pay AND auto phone pay after customer support hours

My intro says it all. Why does ATT prepaid deduct my funds from my account at midnight but doesn't automatically refresh my portable hotspot device until between 6 am and 8am?!?! Customer service has zero explanation. I am tech support for my community so I know the steps to be taken to refresh it manually but it hasn't affected what should be automatic refreshing by ATT prepaid when the money was deducted immediately at midnight the day of plan renewal. This occurs whether I've setup automatic payments OR manual payments OR payments via customer support the day before payment. I use most of my 100 GB for work and when excessively busy during the daytime I would like to work after midnight but cannot without the portable hotspot WiFi. This is wrong for ATT prepaid to treat customers. It displays poor attitude for customer care. 11/29/2023. 

ACE - Sage

• 

115.8K Messages

3 months ago

Prepaid Auto-Pay refills are taken approximately 36 to 24 hours before the plan refills, every 30 days, at midnight Central Time 

Works this way on all prepaid plans, phone plans, data only plans...

You not understanding how it works, or what you've agreed to, or what plan you signed up for, does not make it poor customer service or AT&T doing you dirty. It's working exactly as it should.

Now if it's not renewing every 30 days, then you have a reason to complain

(edited)

3 Messages

3 months ago

It does NOT renew every 30 days AUTOMATICALLY on time. I have never before had my portable hotspot device monthly payment deducted far in advance as you explained. My phone plan payment has always been deducted at midnight the date due, never in advance. Your thoughts are in error when you suggest "works this way on all prepaid plans". Your information is old or different than what I have experienced since becoming an ATT prepaid costumer in August 2021. 

ACE - Sage

• 

115.8K Messages

3 months ago

And yet it is always been this way with AT&T prepaid, and I have used Verizon prepaid as well. And it says so in the online documents this is how the refills work...

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1031408/

Check your online account. And compare it to the calendar.   Prepaid cycle is 30 days, it does not renew on the exact same day every month because not every month has exactly 30 days.  

3 Messages

3 months ago

I'm fully aware of the distinct difference between days in the months. Someone is not understanding the issue I have continued to experience. WHY DOES ATT PREPAID SPECIFICALLY FOR MY PORTABLE HOTSPOT DEVICE $55 MONTHLY FOR 100GB AUTOMATICALLY DEDUCTED FROM MY ACCOUNT FUNDS AT MIDNIGHT EVERY TIME BUT MY PORTABLE HOTSPOT DEVICE IS

N-O-T REFRESHED UNTIL 6-8AM THAT MORNING?????? TO THIS POINT, THIS ISSUE IS NOT ADDRESSED. BUT thank you for trying. 

ACE - Sage

• 

115.8K Messages

3 months ago

🤦🏼‍♀️

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.