Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Amberchurch1992's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 26th, 2023 1:31 AM

2year warrenty

I purchased a phone with a a 2 year warranty and they want $182 noncompliance fee to even try And replace my $150 phone it's a joke. Wouldn't do it it. I will not buy another at&t phone. It's ridiculous they don't want to help fix your phone without charging you copious amounts of money. Customer service was great but they still couldn't help me do diddly. I don't recommend at&t prepaid to anyone. My phone has no service now and turns off every time I set it down. Good luck 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

11 months ago

Warranties and insurance are not controlled by AT&T.  Insurance is entirely done through the insurance provider, Asurion. Warranty is dictated by the manufacturer. 

Warranty is direct for the manufacturer, although AT&T does have permission to do warranty replacements. Warranty replacements for AT&T prepaid must pay a deposit which is equal to the full value of the phone. That deposit his refunded if your phone is indeed replaced free through warranty. Postpaid customers do not have to leave a deposit.

Insurance is through Asurion. If you made an insurance claim instead of a warranty claim, you would be charged a deductible.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.