For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
suevang007's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Monday, May 6th, 2013 10:50 PM

Wireless phone upgrade family plan

I currently have a family plan both with smart phones and data plans.

Question my spouse is currently due for an upgrade but I want to upgrade my phone instead.

She currently has an iPhone 4S and would like to keep it with her current 3g plan.

I currently have Samsung Skyrocket and would like to upgrade to S4 or iPhone 5.

Please let me know on how to proceed without having to upgrade her into a 4G plan.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

@suevang007 wrote:

I currently have a family plan both with smart phones and data plans.

Question my spouse is currently due for an upgrade but I want to upgrade my phone instead.

She currently has an iPhone 4S and would like to keep it with her current 3g plan.

I currently have Samsung Skyrocket and would like to upgrade to S4 or iPhone 5.

Please let me know on how to proceed without having to upgrade her into a 4G plan.

Thank you.

@This should answer your questions @suevang007Apply an eligible upgrade toward a different line on your plan

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

It will be easier to do this if you go into a store.  You can explain what you want to do to the sales rep and the process will go along as you would like. 

If you choose to upgrade by phone or online, there may be additional steps involved.  I'm not familiar with the process of activating phones that come in the mail on different lines, so someone else would have to step in to offer suggestions for this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.