For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
suzg123's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, January 20th, 2020 10:43 PM

Why are stores closing so much earlier than designated store hours?

I went to the AT&T stand alone store in Pasadena, MD 21122. They were closed before closing time. We left and went to the AT&T store in the Marley Station Mall, Glen Burnie, MD next. The mall store shows open until the mall closes. We were at the mall at 7pm and the store was already closed. The lights were on, but the gates were closed but not locked. Open about 3-4 inches. If I wanted to, I could have gone in. I stood outside for a bit and called the store. I heard my call ringing in the store, but no one came from the back or otherwise. Why are stores closing before the advertised hours for closing? All the other cellular stores were open and well staffed. ATT lost a lot of business that night I'm confident of it. Too easy to go to another open store nearby. I thought you would like to know this. That's a pretty significant infraction I think when you trust your employees to man your stores. If there was an emergency of some kind, there could perhaps be a quick handwritten sign? But then again, don't want to leave the gates of the store in a mall unlocked and roll out....

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

Both of those stores are authorized retailers, which means they are not owned by AT&T and their employees do not work for AT&T. They can set their store hours, their own fees oh, and some of their prices in the store may differ from what you see at AT&T. Com

The nearest corporate store to those two stores is the Quarterfield Crossing store on George Clauss Boulevard in Severn

(edited)

Employee

• 

797 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

To better understand hours, they are available on att.com/storeappointment where you can find local store and see hours. Most say posted hours, up webpage will have “subject to change” based on staffing, weather, etc. It will also show which are corproate stores and which are authorized. The corproate are reliable on hours, the authorized have more independent ability to change them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.