Trade In and Get Rewarded!
petitebyrd's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 26th, 2015 2:59 AM

Where are the HTC one M8 updates?

How come At&T are so late on updating HTC one M8 phones? It is annoying that others have the lollipop already. and it said that the HTC eye experience is already available on HTC one M8 device, yet still no automatic updates? What's going on?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have to agree... What is the latest on the update?

Guru

• 

629 Messages

9 years ago

I, too have an M8 on ATT, and am still waiting for the lollipop update as well. Statements I've read on the HTC Twitter feed indicate that the update is in ATT's lab in the final stage of certification. Their executive vp of marketing for the U.S. also said on his Twitter feed that HTC's target for the release of lollipop for our M8 on ATT, and the M7, was "the end of the month," meaning the end of this month. This was confirmed by Jason Mckenzie himself during a conference last week. He also expressed his deep dissatisfaction with ATT for taking so long on the update. Given all of this information, I was hoping that the update would be out for us by the end of this week, especially since the Note 3 & Note 4 got updated to lollipop a couple of days ago. However, that's looking less and less likely, so I'm thinking now it should be out by the middle or end of next week. We'll see 😊.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @petitebyrd

I’d be happy to help with information on Lollipop for the M8! HTC actually provide a very helpful tracker to check the progress of the Lollipop launch on their devices. Check out HTC SOFTWARE AND EYE EXPERIENCE UPDATES

Choose AT&T from the carrier drop down menu, and click the HTC One M8. Currently, the device is in the 3 - Certification stage of the Android Lollipop Release. This is the step before the update is classed as complete and ready to launch.

HTC have also created a great infographic on the update process which details exactly what happens from the time between Google launching the source code for the update and the carrier specific update being available. HTC Software Updates Process This process is very similar to that of other manufacturers.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

HTC got technical approval today, and the OTA is allegedly ready to go starting as soon as tomorrow.  no thanks to att, here.

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

9 years ago

Say Lollipop Update should start Today.     http://www.androidauthority.com/att-htc-one-m8-android-lollipop-599149/

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Do not install update! It fried my HTC One M8. I now have to wait for a replacement phone. If you do decide to update... Back up all your data. Then reset your phone. Then install update. Then have fun re-installing all of your apps, email accounts, etc

Sorry, but I just spent 30 minutes with Tech support

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.