Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
stlsailor's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, December 20th, 2017 9:56 PM

Closed

What are AT&T's LTE Bands?

My current understanding of the LTE bands is as follows:

**MAIN BAND

12 –700 MHz Lower B/C/A. This is a superset of band 17, so band 17 is not required if band 12 is available in the phone.

**ADDITIONAL CAPACITY

2 – 1900 MHz PCS, provides bandwidth in many markets; 25 is a superset of band 2 but 25 is not required for some reason

4 – 1700/2100 MHz AWS, provides bandwidth in many markets

5 – 850 MHz CLR, the main band for areas lacking 700 lower B and/or C blocks

29 – 700 MHz Lower D/E – supplemental downlink bandwidth only; implemented in key markets

30 – 2300 MHz WCS, provides additional bandwidth in many markets

**OTHERS

40 – not sure if this has been implemented yet

66 – AWS, asymmetric favoring download speed, which is being implemented by AT&T now. Band 66 is a superset of band 4.

14 – Public Safety, 700MHz. Can also be used for commercial traffic but will have less priority. I do not believe it has been implemented yet, and don’t expect it matters if a phone bought today has it.

**QUESTION

If I buy a Samsung unlocked Note 8, it will lack bands  29, 30, and 66 found in the AT&T version of the Note 8.   It appears that I would still get connection availability in all markets even without these 3 bands since they are used for additional capacity. Does someone know if this is true, and how widespread use of these 3 bands is?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

@mnassour wrote:

If I can ask a similar question about an LG V20.  It's a US phone, but set up for TMo.  Here are the specs which differ slightly from AT&T's version....basically, it has the Euro band 20, but lacks AT&T's band 29 and 30.  I see band 12(700) here which I THINK is AT&T's main LTE band for data.  Does this mean I'm good to go?

Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G bands HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 13(700), 20(800)

ATT has no 2G network.  The required 3G and most LTE are present.  It should work fine.  It will not get enhanced calling features.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks.  Enhanced features means HD Voice I would assume and anything else?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

Wifi calling is the big one you don't get 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have been on Band 2 and it says LTE so that is incorrect. In my area Band 2, 4 and 30 are the used ones. (rural area) this is one of the band you may use.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Apple2T4ch wrote:

I have been on Band 2 and it says LTE so that is incorrect. In my area Band 2, 4 and 30 are the used ones. (rural area) this is one of the band you may use.

What is incorrect?   As in the solution, band 2 is one of the LTE bands for AT&T.   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I want to buy a Xiaomi Mi8 that uses LTE bands

B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20/28/38/40

A US seller is selling the phone, and it's a really good deal. Is it too good to be true?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@BWB624 wrote:

I want to buy a Xiaomi Mi8 that uses LTE bands

B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20/28/38/40

A US seller is selling the phone, and it's a really good deal. Is it too good to be true?

Its not going to get LTE on ATT since its missing band 12/17  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Hi,

Looking for connectivity info on a different phone. I am looking for Huawei mate 20 phone https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_20-9367.php

Could anyone share if this would work fine or if it would have any call or network issue as I dont see all the bands here.

Thanks

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

5 years ago

@karan1981 wrote:

Hi,

Looking for connectivity info on a different phone. I am looking for Huawei mate 20 phone https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_20-9367.php

Could anyone share if this would work fine or if it would have any call or network issue as I dont see all the bands here.

Thanks

You will not get any advanced features, and may not get LTE without first registering a SIM card with an At&t branded android.  Otherwise it has sufficient bands and should work fine.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the prompt reply.

"You will not get any advanced features"

What advanced features are we talking about here?

"and may not get LTE without first registering a SIM card with an At&t branded android"

How easy is to do this, any link where how to do this process is mentioned. FYI I used At&T prepaid card.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.