Trade In and Get Rewarded!
sarahscott84's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, June 9th, 2016 10:00 PM

use a att go phone as a contract phone.

my old phone is currently used as my contact phone died. can I just buy a go phone and use my contract sim card in a art go phone? I don't want to pay for a new contract phone out right I don't have the money right now. I'm just looking to see if I can do this thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

Yes, you can use a gophone as a contract phone. You don't need to pay full price for a new phone up front, with NEXT, you can space the payments out over up to 36 months, depennding on the plan you choose.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

well I brought a phone to att on my husband's plan and im not eligible for an upgrade with my phone line and the next plan is not an available option for my phone line it said I'd have to pay full price. I'm ok with buying a go phone for now and then paying for a new device out right at tax time. thanks for your response it's much appreciated!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

You have other options also.  I've looked at some of the Gophones and they look better than they work.

BUT.... There are great new unlocked smartphones sold at Best Buy for $200-$400 full price.   Rather than the $700 for phones from ATT.  

Ive done really well buying mint conditioned used phones on eBay.   Just bought a Note 3 for $160.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I was cheated by the AT$T store staff. He told me that I can buy a go phone and use it as replacement for my contract line.  He told me that he can register me a $40 plan then he cancel it right after purchase.   the next day, I also called the AT&T to confirm the cancellation.  

Today, I looked at my credit card statement. I found that AT&T has charged the go phone for six months. 

Be careful.  They are not trustful. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Mikelu wrote:

I was cheated by the AT$T store staff. He told me that I can buy a go phone and use it as replacement for my contract line.  He told me that he can register me a $40 plan then he cancel it right after purchase.   the next day, I also called the AT&T to confirm the cancellation.  

Today, I looked at my credit card statement. I found that AT&T has charged the go phone for six months. 

Be careful.  They are not trustful. 

He who?   And why did you buy a plan when you only needed a phone?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.