For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
cait_18's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 11th, 2018 1:10 PM

Upgrading to S9+ at Target

My family and I have 5 lines on our AT&T family 20 GB shared data plan. I am eligible for an upgrade as I have paid it off. I saw that Target has a cool promotion right now, when you upgrade using AT&T Next, you can get a free $300 gift card. 

I've read some horror stories doing this and trying to get some clarity: 

1. Does the account owner have to be there? I am an authorized user and just want to upgrade. 

2. Can you add more money to the initial payment of the device to lower my NEXT monthly payment at Target, just as you can at a regular AT&T store? 

(I went online to the AT&T website, and you can add money to the down payment to lower month installments, can you do this at target?)

3. If there are any issues in the future after purchasing, can I go to a regular AT&T store to fix them? 

Thanks everyone! 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@cait_18 wrote:

My family and I have 5 lines on our AT&T family 20 GB shared data plan. I am eligible for an upgrade as I have paid it off. I saw that Target has a cool promotion right now, when you upgrade using AT&T Next, you can get a free $300 gift card. 

I've read some horror stories doing this and trying to get some clarity: 

1. Does the account owner have to be there? I am an authorized user and just want to upgrade. 

2. Can you add more money to the initial payment of the device to lower my NEXT monthly payment at Target, just as you can at a regular AT&T store? 

(I went online to the AT&T website, and you can add money to the down payment to lower month installments, can you do this at target?)

3. If there are any issues in the future after purchasing, can I go to a regular AT&T store to fix them? 

Thanks everyone! 

best buy has the better deal...  They take the 300 off the cost of the phone from the start.  And you can add more money to it if you wanted....

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-s9-64gb-midnight-black-at-t/6198950.p?skuId=6198950

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

I second that!   The Samsung sale at Best Buy ends tomorrow. 6/12.  

They take the $300 off the total phone cost, reducing your installments to something in the $630 range for the S9+.   The remaining installments can be paid off as soon as it posts on the bill.  

You may need the account owner as there will be certain account credentials required to upgrade.  Account number and PIN code and Identification.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

I second that!   The Samsung sale at Best Buy ends tomorrow. 6/12.  

They take the $300 off the total phone cost, reducing your installments to something in the $630 range for the S9+.   The remaining installments can be paid off as soon as it posts on the bill.  

You may need the account owner as there will be certain account credentials required to upgrade.  Account number and PIN code and Identification.  

account owners are not needed if the person is a authorized users...  Our account is in the wifes name because of the military discount on the unlimited plan.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks so much everyone! I didn't know about the best buy deal. Actually gonna go that route - thanks so much guys! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.