Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
K

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 5:47 PM

Upgraded to Elite Plan Scam

I called into Customer Care on June 13th to ask about a phone installment. Instead, "Jerome G" insisted I upgrade to the "Elite Plan" because my current 30GB plan was overcharging me. He told me I currently paid $220 for my two lines, but with this new promotion, I'd only pay $212.34. He said it included free HBO Max and unlimited data. I was VERY uncomfortable and felt like I was being scammed. I did upgrade during the call, only because he sent me a text message from AT&T showing that my "estimated monthly bill including fees and taxes is $212.43." He told me if my bill was higher, to call back in and they'd correct it. I asked why it would be higher if this is the price we've discussed - he laughed and said sometimes it happens.

It didn't sit well with me so I went into the AT&T store. The sales rep told me that AT&T found themselves not competitive with Verizon & Sprint anymore so they offered this upgrade promo. I then felt at ease because I had confirmation from a local store. Fast forward two months, my bill is more than $300. I call customer care and she walked me through the charges, saying there's nothing AT&T can do, even with proof via text and recorded conversations. She told me to go into the store.

I go into the store and the rep tells me I need to call "Loyalty Retention Program" for a credit request since it appears to be incorrectly charged. The loyalty rep says there's nothing she can do. I request a manager and she says "He won't be able to do anything either, but she'll have him call me back." Still waiting for that call.

What am I supposed to do? I feel scammed and "Jerome G" is clearly hitting commissions by fraudulently upgrading without customer permission. No one can track this person down using texts from the account and notes?

ACE - Expert

• 

22.8K Messages

2年前

@Richardboland42   SPAM POST DELETED

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

2年前

2 phone lines on the elite plan is $150 before taxes and installments.  Even without auto pay and paperless its $170.

(2 lines $100+50+50 -10 -10 - $30 = $150.) 

Anything over the plan cost and taxes would be installments.  

So what else are you paying for? 

• 

2 Messages

2年前

I think, from the way she explained it: There was a credit and pro-rating situation with the previous month since I upgraded mid-month, and then added a 3rd line the next month. It's honestly not adding up, especially to the information I was sent that day I upgraded. At this point, I'm going to pay it and move on. I don't trust the company, but unfortunately I think all big carriers are like this. 

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

2年前

Well I priced 2 lines, not 3.  3 lines is $180.  Plus tax and installments.  base price before installments would be closer to $200.  

Since you added a line mid month you have activation fee, a full and a partial month service, and maybe installments on the new line.  
That’s because you are billed and pay during the bill cycle, and the new line wasn’t included, but you already had service on it.  
Read your detailed bill.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.