Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
rubmig42's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Dec 8, 2014 5:50 PM

Upgrade to iPhone 6+ and add new line to account, purchase Samsung galaxy S5...best way to do this?

I currently have an iPhone 5 on a single line plan with AT&T(the old unlimited data plan).

I now want to upgrade to the iPhone 6+ and also add a line onto my account for my wife. She has only been using her work phone up to now, but wants to get her own phone, so we will also be purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S5.

My questions are

1.  What is the best plan to change to for 2 smartphones?
  2.  Will I lose my old unlimited data plan by adding another line and possibly changing to some kind of family plan?
  3.  What is the typical monthly payments for a plan with 2 lines?
  4. Is it best to do all this in an At&t store or can it be done on-line just as easy?

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

48.3K Messages

6 y ago

Since your current plan is a single line plan, you cannot add a line to it. You can add a new line to your account but it would be a separate plan from what you currently have. I'm pretty sure your only option for the new line is one of the mobile share plans. What you need to decide is whether you want to also convert your line to mobile share or have 2 separate plans. If you do convert your line, you will be giving up unlimited data.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question